Skin & Hair Care
Acne (acne vulgaris or just pimples) - a common skin disease characterized by seborrhea (increased oiliness), black spots, pustules (red ulcers) and scars afterwards. Acne mainly appears on the skin, where many sebaceous glands are: first of all, this is face, chest and back. Typically, acne is inflammatory in nature, but the inflammation can be absent, depending on the form.
Acne and bodybuilding are closely connected. Firstly, because bodybuilding involves high calorie (high carbohydrate) diet, which is one of the precipitating factors of acne. Secondly, anabolic steroids are often used in bodybuilding, which are also one of the main causes of acne.
Types of acne
All acne can be divided into two forms:
- Inflammatory - acne vulgaris, acne konglobata and fulminans.
- Non-inflammatory – comedones and in the same group included keratosis pilaris.
Causes of acne
- Increased concentration of androgen in the blood
- The use of anabolic steroids – androgens increase the activity of the sebaceous glands, which is exacerbating the disease process.
- Drinking of large amounts of carbohydrates (especially simple ones) and other violations in the diet.
- Insulin - also promotes skin oiliness.
- Infection and contamination of the skin - the main cause of acne is the multiplication of bacteria Propionibacterium acnes, which cause inflammation and suppuration.
- Hereditary factors
- Consumption of milk.
- An excess of vitamin B12.
- The presence of lipophilic yeast fungus Pityrosporum ovale under the skin, which are activating at the immune system decrease and certain hormonal factors
- Do not use anabolic steroids or at least less androgenic.
- Reduce consumption of carbohydrates. Eliminate simple carbohydrates from the diet at all. Avoid fatty, fried and spicy food.
- Take water treatments with soap more frequently.
- Start taking vitamin and mineral complex. Especially important are B vitamins
- Smoking can worsen the effects of acne.
Treatment of inflammatory acne forms
- Clean the problem areas of skin with Innovagen Azeloglicina cream 1-2 times a day.
Regular Price: CA$100.00
Special Price CA$85.00
Regular Price: CA$90.00
Special Price CA$60.00